What are the best bed rails for toddlers?
- Regalo Swing Down Crib Rail, with Reinforced Anchor Safety System.
- Munchkin Sleep Toddler Bed Rail.
- ComfyBumpy Store Bed Rails for Toddlers.
- KOOLDOO Store 59 Inches Toddler Bed Rail Fold Down Safety Baby Bed Guard.
- Dream On Me Mesh Security Rail.
How do you make a queen bed safe for a toddler? If you’re considering a bigger bed for your toddler, make sure you add a bed rail for safety. Annabelle is still small and we make sure the queen size bed is safe for our little girl. To ensure her safety, we installed a swing down bed rail that protects her from rolling out of bed in the middle of the night.
Are bed rails safe for toddlers? The improved warnings explicitly state that bed rails should never be used with children younger than two years old. They are intended for children age 2 to 5 who can get out of an adult bed without help. Gaps in and around bed rails have entrapped young children and killed infants.
How can I make my toddler bed safe?
- Make sure you can add guardrails to the bed to prevent falls. Fit the guardrails against the mattress and frame, so there are no gaps.
- Don’t give your child a pillow before age 2.
- Don’t place the bed under a window.
- Don’t use an upper bunk bed or other raised bed for children under age 6.