What are the most common types of school bus accidents? Rear-end collisions are the most common type of auto accidents that we hear about at our law firm. Statistics show nearly three-fourths of fatalities involving school buses are the occupants of the other vehicles involved.
What are the safety precautions in bus?
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Place bags and parcels under your seat or on your lap.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is not permitted.
How can we improve school bus safety?
- 1) Use the 3-Bus Rule – buses are unloaded three at a time to allow a minimum number of students on the ground with the maximum amount of adult supervision.
- 2) Keep Back Bus Seats Empty – most bus crashes happen from the rear of the bus.
What is the most important piece of safety equipment on a school bus? Fire Extinguisher
Follow all instructions on the unit for the safest and proper use of the extinguisher.