What are the most important prevention strategies for COVID-19 in schools? • The most important prevention strategies to prioritize in schools include vaccinations for teachers, staff, and eligible students, the use of masks and physical distancing, and screening testing.
How do schools know if a student has COVID-19?
This process starts when a school becomes aware of someone within the school community who has COVID-19. Schools may find out about people having COVID-19 in a number of ways, including through parent reports to the school, self-reports from students or staff, or screening testing conducted by the school.
What benefits would school re-opening provide?
School closures have clear negative impacts on child health, education and development, family income and the overall economy.
The decision to reopen schools should include consideration of the following benefits:
• Allowing students to complete their studies and continue to the next level
• Essential services, access to nutrition, child welfare, such as preventing violence against children
• Social and psychological well-being
• Access to reliable information on how to keep themselves and others safe
• Reducing the risk of non-return to school
• Benefit to society, such as allowing parents to work
What is the recommended spacing for desks at school during the COVID-19 pandemic? Space seating/desks at least 2 meters apart, when feasible. Provide physical cues such as tape or chalk to guide spacing.