What are the safety rules on a bus?
Rules for Riding the Bus Safely
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Place bags and parcels under your seat or on your lap.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is not permitted.
What are 3 things that are important about school bus safety?
- Safety Starts at the Bus Stop. Your child should arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Get On and Off Safely.
- Use Caution Around the Bus.
How do you stay safe on a school bus?
Children need to do their part to stay safe both in and around school buses.
Behavior on the Bus:
- Buckle up if seat belts are available.
- Stay in your seat keeping head, arms and papers inside the bus, and talk quietly.
- Keep aisles clear of books and bags.
What should you not do in a bus?
Teaching Your Child These Simple Bus Safety Rules Could Save Their Life
- Never run to the bus stop if you’re late.
- Never wear clothing with hanging drawstrings or loose straps.
- Never stand close to the curb while waiting for the bus.
- Don’t walk too close to the front of the bus.