What are the safety rules on a bus?
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Place bags and parcels under your seat or on your lap.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is not permitted.
Can you pass a school bus with flashing yellow lights in PA? (b) Duty of approaching driver when amber signals are flashing. —The driver of a vehicle meeting or overtaking any school bus shall proceed past the school bus with caution and shall be prepared to stop when the amber signal lights are flashing.
What is the penalty for passing a school bus in PA? In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to pass a school bus when its red lights are flashing and stop arm is extended. If convicted of breaking this law, you could get a $250 fine, five points on your driving record, and a 60-day suspension of your license.
How often do PA school busses need to be inspected? A school bus must meet Title 67, Chapter 171, Subchapters A, B, C, D and G, relating to school bus equipment standards as well as the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code. It must also be inspected annually by the Pennsylvania State Police and receive a semiannual Pennsylvania State Safety Inspection.