What benefits would school re-opening provide?
School closures have clear negative impacts on child health, education and development, family income and the overall economy.
The decision to reopen schools should include consideration of the following benefits:
• Allowing students to complete their studies and continue to the next level
• Essential services, access to nutrition, child welfare, such as preventing violence against children
• Social and psychological well-being
• Access to reliable information on how to keep themselves and others safe
• Reducing the risk of non-return to school
• Benefit to society, such as allowing parents to work
Is COVID-19 still a threat? But experts caution that COVID remains a threat. “Were making progress, lots of progress,” said Eric Rubin, adjunct professor of immunology and infectious diseases, “but our lives are still disrupted” by the pandemic.
What can I drink if I have COVID-19?
Water should be your No. 1 choice for drinking fluids. But you can have other drinks that contain water, such as lemon juice (diluted in water and unsweetened), tea, and coffee. Do not consume too much caffeine, and avoid sweetened fruit juices, syrups, fruit juice concentrates, and any drinks that contain sugar.
How long does it take for symptoms to appear after exposure to COVID-19? People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.