What is a health and safety checklist in childcare? Program is smoke free. All entrances/exits are kept clear of clutter, snow, ice, etc. Staff purses and personal items are locked out of reach of children. Hands are washed by staff and children upon arrival to classroom. Each child has brief health check by classroom teacher (includes parent/caregiver communication).
What 3 things should every daycare have?
- Health & safety supplies.
- Cleaning supplies.
- Furniture & equipment.
- Play materials.
- Daycare technology.
- Health & Safety Supplies.
What are the most common hazards in childcare?
- lifting, carrying and moving children and objects.
- working at low levels (on the floor or children’s furniture)
- slips, trips and falls, for example on the floor or children’s furniture.
- standing on chairs and tables to put artwork up.
- communicable diseases.
What is a safety inspection checklist? A safety walkthrough checklist is a tool that provides managers with the ability to get an overall look at safety procedures, behaviors and observed hazards within a building or a department. The checklist is designed to remind employees of which areas to examine and what details are crucial for safety.