What is a safety plan for a child? A safety plan is a strategy that involves identifying the steps the child/ youth can take to increase safety. A safety plan helps to prepare for the possibility of further violence and provides guidelines to follow if their safety is at risk.
What should a safety plan include?
- Immediate action to take.
- Procedures to secure the area.
- Important personnel to contact regarding incidents.
- Method(s) of communication to alert others about incidents.
- Safe handling instructions and application.
- Protective gear, such as masks, hard hats, or gloves.
- Evacuation routes.
How do I write a family safety plan?
- Educate everyone in the family.
- Start talking with your family about sexual abuse.
- Set clear family boundaries.
- Get safe adults involved.
- Know your local resources and how to use them.
- Care enough to reach out for help.
What is a safety plan with CPS California? A safety plan is a written agreement that the child protective services (CPS) caseworker develops with the family that clearly describes the safety services that will be used to manage threats to a child’s safety.