What is the difference between a pet gate and a baby gate? Generally speaking, baby gates tend to consist of the same types of metal, plastic, and other materials found in dog and puppy gates. The main difference between the two is in the overall strength of their designs. In baby gates, for example, materials tend to be much lighter in weight than what’s found in puppy gates.
What age do you stop using safety gates? Carry on using safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs until your infant is at least 2 years old. Start to teach your child how to climb stairs, but never let them go up and down on their own (even 4 year olds may need some help).
Can cats get through baby gates? When choosing to invest in a pet gate for cats, skip the baby-gate aisle. Baby gates have tiny humans in mind — not animals. They lack the sturdy construction and design cats and dogs require. Your best bet is to hit the pet store and source a pet gate.
What is the safest baby gate?
- Best Overall Safety Gate: KidCo Safeway Gate.
- Best Value Safety Gate: Regalo Easy-Step Walk-Through Gate.
- Best Self-Closing Safety Gate: Toddleroo by North States Easy-Close Baby Gate.
- Best Safety Gate for Stairs: Evenflo Top of Stairs Gate.
- Best No-Drill Safety Gate: Munchkin Easy Close Gate.