What is the full meaning of safety? the state of being safe; freedom from the occurrence or risk of injury, danger, or loss. the quality of averting or not causing injury, danger, or loss. a contrivance or device to prevent injury or avert danger. Also called lock, safety catch, safety lock.
Why is safety an important? A safe and healthy workplace not only protects workers from injury and illness, it can also lower injury/illness costs, reduce absenteeism and turnover, increase productivity and quality, and raise employee morale. In other words, safety is good for business. Plus, protecting workers is the right thing to do.
What are the 5 elements of safety?
- SAFETY CULTURE.
- EMPLOYEE TRAINING AND EMPOWERMENT.
- HAZARD IDENTIFICATION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS.
- FOCUS ON COMPLIANCE.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT.
- LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATIONAL BUY-IN.
- THE SAFETY MANAGER ROLE.
- What is a safety manager’s job role?
What are the safety types?
- Work safety hazards. Work safety hazards are the most common risks in a workplace or work environment.
- Chemical hazards.
- Physical hazards.
- Ergonomic hazards.
- Biological hazards.
- Work organization hazards.