What is the most important thing you can do to protect children when driving in school zones? You should always remain alert when driving, and you should keep an eye out for signs and other indications that you are entering a school zone. There are many types of pavement markings, school zone signs, and crosswalk barricades that should alert you to slow down and pay special attention to your surroundings.
What are 3 things that are important about school bus safety?
- Safety Starts at the Bus Stop. Your child should arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Get On and Off Safely.
- Use Caution Around the Bus.
How do you ensure school safety?
- Learn the school’s emergency procedures.
- Know travel routes to and from the school.
- Know and follow school security and safety measures.
- Talk with your child about safety.
- Inform school staff about health and emotional concerns.
- Get involved.
What are the best ways to help keep students safe on school buses? Buckle up if seat belts are available. Stay in your seat keeping head, arms and papers inside the bus, and talk quietly. Keep aisles clear of books and bags.