What is the most important thing you can do to protect children when driving in school zones? You should always remain alert when driving, and you should keep an eye out for signs and other indications that you are entering a school zone. There are many types of pavement markings, school zone signs, and crosswalk barricades that should alert you to slow down and pay special attention to your surroundings.
What are some driving safety tips?
- Think safety first.
- Be aware of your surroundings — pay attention.
- Do not depend on other drivers.
- Follow the 3- to 4-second rule.
- Keep your speed down.
- Have an escape route.
- Separate risks.
- Cut out distractions.
What are five safe driving practices?
- Keep Your Car Well-Maintained.
- Use Your Seat Belt.
- Keep Your Cool On The Road.
- Practice Defensive Driving.
- Don’t Multi-Task While Driving.
- Don’t Drink and Drive.
- Keep Your Distance.
- Observe Speed Limits.
What are the four safe driving strategies? Breaking Down LLLC. LLLC stands for look ahead, look around, leave room, and communicate. These four principles encompass all safe driving techniques, and best of all, they’re easy to memorize and teach.