What should be in a school safety kit?
Consider throwing any of the following into your school survival kit:
- A water bottle.
- Hair ties and bobby pins.
- A brush or comb.
- Spare socks and underwear.
- Some spare cash and change.
- A few batteries.
- A spare phone charger.
What should be in a school emergency grab bag?
- List of school emergency procedures.
- Whistle and hat for leadership identification.
- Battery-operated flashlight.
- Utility turnoff procedures.
- Emergency communication device.
- First aid kit with instructions.
What should a safety kit include?
- Water (one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a several-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert.
- First aid kit.
- Extra batteries.
- Whistle (to signal for help)
What belongs in a 72 hour kit?
- 1 gallon of water per person/per day.
- 3-day supply of non-perishable food.
- Extra clothing/blankets.
- Prescription and non-prescription medicine.
- First-aid kit.
- Battery or crank powered radio.
- Plastic sheet and duct tape (for shelter)