When should I introduce my child to a gun? Between 7 and 10 years of age, if your child is mature enough to do so, you can introduce your child to proper shooting form and the basics of marksmanship. One of the best ways to introduce these concepts is by using a BB gun, pellet gun or Airsoft gun.
How much is the Canadian Firearms Safety course? The Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course is delivered by the Provincial Firearms Office. Fee for the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (classroom instructions and testing) is $65.00.
What are the rules of gun safety?
- Treat all guns as if they are loaded.
- Keep the gun pointed in the safest possible direction.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Know your target, its surroundings and beyond.
- Know how to properly operate your gun.
What is the only situation in which a firearm should be loaded without the safety turned on? 2. Firearms Should Be Unloaded When Not Actually in Use. Firearms should be loaded only when you are in the field or on the target range or shooting area, ready to shoot. When not in use, firearms and ammunition should be secured in a safe place, separate from each other.