Who is responsible for safety in schools? Legally speaking, all responsibility for health and safety rests with the employer (school). They in turn need to delegate various roles to ensure that health and safety systems are managed effectively.
How can you be safe at school?
- Learn the school’s emergency procedures.
- Know travel routes to and from the school.
- Know and follow school security and safety measures.
- Talk with your child about safety.
- Inform school staff about health and emotional concerns.
- Get involved.
How do I become a good safety patrol? Be courteous and polite at all times. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Wear the patrol belt and badge proudly. Remind classmates of safe walking rules without being bossy.
How do you wear a school safety belt? Proper Uniform and Equipment:
Wear your school-issued patrol belt or vest. If you are issued a belt, wear it with the black buckle in front. If you are issued a badge, it should be pinned at chest level on the front of the belt or vest. Arrive at your post neat and clean.