Who should complete a science safety contract? One copy must be signed by both you and a par- ent or guardian before you can participate in the laboratory. The second copy is to be kept in your science notebook as a constant reminder of the safety rules. 1. Conduct yourself in a responsible man- ner at all times in the laboratory.
What are some good lab safety slogans?
- Think safety first before starting any laboratory jobs.
- Lab safety starts with me.
- Handle all chemical reagents safely.
- Safe lab analyst is the best analyst.
- Lab safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Be aware of glassware.
- Lab safety is our first priority.
Which is correct lab safety? Avoid direct contact with any chemical. Never smell, inhale or taste laboratory chemicals. Always wash hands and arms with soap and water after removing gloves and before leaving the work area. Never eat, drink, chew gum or tobacco, smoke or apply cosmetics in the laboratory.
What are the safety measures that we should take while doing lab activities?
- Know locations of laboratory safety showers, eyewashstations, and fire extinguishers.
- Know emergency exit routes.
- Avoid skin and eye contact with all chemicals.
- Minimize all chemical exposures.
- No horseplay will be tolerated.
- Assume that all chemicals of unknown toxicity are highly toxic.