What are the 5 internet safety rules?
- Protect Your Personal Information With Strong Passwords.
- Keep Personal Information Private.
- Make Sure Your Devices Are Secure.
- Pay Attention to Software Updates.
- Be Careful About Wifi.
- Set Up Two-Factor Authentication.
- Back Up Your Personal Data.
Do schools teach internet safety? While 81% of tech coordinators and administrators felt that their schools and districts adequately taught the subject, only 51% of teachers agreed with the statement, “My school/school district does an adequate job of preparing students regarding cyberethics, online safety, and computer security issues.“
What are the 10 rules of internet safety?
- Keep Personal Information Professional and Limited.
- Keep Your Privacy Settings On.
- Practice Safe Browsing.
- Make Sure Your Internet Connection is Secure.
- Be Careful What You Download.
- Choose Strong Passwords.
- Make Online Purchases From Secure Sites.
- Be Careful What You Post.
How can students be safe on the internet? Involve parents or guardians.
Let them know the dangers of inappropriate internet usage and ask parents to create an open and honest conversation with their child. Advise them to bookmark safe, COPPA kids sites for young children so they have a set list of sites to visit.